Mentor and Mentee Meeting
I would like to thank all mentors for taking on this very important task. All mentors and mentees should have should have received the Mentor List that I sent out last week. We will have a very brief meeting at 3:15 on Monday afternoon. We will discuss the mentor log process and I will answer any questions you might have:) Room 200.
Questions about PDPs, Self Assessment, TNL Evaluation Process????
Right after the Mentor Meeting at about 3:30, I will meet with anyone who needs assistance developing a PDP or navigating their way through your self-assessment and evaluation system. I would strongly suggest that all Beginning Teachers be present as this can be a bit daunting. Room 200.
Quick Reference Cards and Yearly Calendar
Please make sure that you have printed out for easy access your Yearly Calendar and Quick Reference Cards. Please read them over carefully. They are a meant to be a help to you and keep you abreast of all the happenings. Please add events to the calendar as needed. There is one change in regards to some information about Classified Employees working Days. The change is that if you worked the three days before students came, one of which was Open House, another being our first teacher workday, and then a day of your choice that week, then you do not work any other student days with the exception of the day after the end of school last student day. If anything changes, I will let you know. Your CAC rep will also keep you posted and up to date.
I just wanted to thank each and everyone of you for the AWESOME start to school we have had. I credit this smooth transition to your dilligence in teaching the students expectations from day one. There is such a BUZZ of HAPPINESS in the air. The BUZZ is coming from students and staff, visitors and volunteers, and it is really heartwarming. Thank you for making our school a great place to work and learn.
Diggs-Latham Meets Expected Growth
This is a WIN for us and one we should celebrate but as we all know, we have a long way to go to get to a point where our students are exceeding this growth. I have 100% confidence in our faculty and staff. I know we can get there as we continued to stay focused on our goals. You all are doing an amazing job and are dedicated. If we continue to take risks, keep our expectations high, build strong relationships with our students, community and each other, we can achieve our goal to move our students forward. If we find that something isn't working, we will exhibit flexibility, and move on to find a strategy that does work! I am so proud of all of you.
Week At A Glance:
- Benchmark Testing dates for Dibels Next and TRC (9/8-9/26) Thank you Gloria and Katie for all of the work you have put in getting ready to open the window.
- Faculty Meeting Tuesday. We will start right at 3:15 so please be in your seats and ready to go:) Make sure you sign in.
- Tuesday, September 9th-BOG3 Testing on Tuesday. Make sure you have carefully read Mrs. Perry's email. It carefully explains all testing expectations. Remember, do not call into any third grade rooms during testing. There are several staff members involved and needed for testing. Remember, all cell phones, students and teachers should be OFF. Your email will give you the information you need. Good Luck everyone. Thank you Mrs. Perry for the important prior planning.
- Wednesday-EARLY RELEASE DAY. Students are dismissed 2 hours early and then we will begin our very important training. Please be in the Media Center ready to go. We will send another phone alert and flyer home to parents to remind them, but please make sure you know how your students are getting home that day, before Wednesday morning.
- Thursday afternoon after school-All Kindergarten and Pre-K teachers will travel with Mrs. Cannon to Raleigh to participate in the NCAEYC Conference. This trip is being sponsored by the Kate B. Reynolds Foundation and we are truly grateful for their support of early learning and Literacy for our pre-k and k students. I am confident that these teachers will bring a wealth of information back to implement in their classrooms. With that being said, please keep in mind that there will be many substitutes in the building that may be new to Diggs-Latham.
- Friday, September 12th-Ident-A-Kid-Participating Students will be called.
Home Moravian Fall Fundraiser Dinner and Candle Tea
Heads Up-Home Moravian will be hosting another fund-raiser for us at their Fellowship Hall. Our students will perform as may some staff members. They do so very much for us and I would like for everyone to attend. Please feel free to bring your families. The event will be November 19th at 5:30. There will be dinner provided like last year. More details to follow. Please add to your calendar.
Candle Tea-Every year many of us give our time to Home Moravian Home Church by helping them with their Candle Tea. I am sure they will have a sign up sheet posted soon. This is a fun night where we help make candles, sell candles, lead tours, greet visitors, etc. in Moravian costume. More information to follow as I receive it.
As you know the "Y" will be starting on the 22nd of September. We will also have "Friends of Diggs-Latham" and the "Good News Club" beginning in the weeks ahead. We will need rooms to house the Y and clubs. The Y will need six rooms. Their enrollment will go from about 200 last year to only 90 this year. The change is due to their decrease in budget. Cheryl and I have talked to them about your concerns with behavior, homework and respecting classroom space of others. At this time, we do have some faculty members working for the Y and we will use their rooms and the empty room on the fourth grade hall but we will need some additional rooms. If you are willing to volunteer your room, please let us know. We appreciate your help with this.
Our First Blog
I appreciate your professionalism in reading the blog. I have had a response from almost everybody. Your comments were terrific and very sincere. If you haven't had the chance to respond to Blog 1's question, please do. I have replied to many of you. I think the system is on overload though as it just wouldn't let me reply to all I needed to as it froze. I will try again later.