Together and United, we have almost completed a very successful school year 2013-2014...Congratulations!
BB&T Volunteers will be here 3 days this week volunteering their time in the Leveled Book Room and the Media Center. If you have any green cards that should be with books that were turned in, please turn them in at once. Also, if you have Leveled Reading Books that you are done with, please return them. We really need to do a better job managing the leveled book room. Books have been taken without being signed out, green cards are not put back in baggies, books are missing, etc... Please do your very best to make sure you follow the proper procedures. The Leveled Book room is a blessing to us but only if it is run efficiently and that is up to all of us who use it. Thank you for doing your best to respect the process. We want and need you utilizing the room.
Faculty Meeting-Tuesday at 3:10
We will have a faculty meeting on Tuesday afternoon. Ms. Kennedy will put a copy of the Teacher Working Conditions survey in your boxes. Please take time to look over this as we will be working with it at the meeting. Please be sure to bring your copy. Agendas will be sent via email.
As you have heard the 50th celebration for the district will not be held. A video will be available for all to watch from our school on that day. You should have received an email from Theo explaining.
Please make sure that if you want to make Thank You Cards for Home Moravian for the books they have given us, please do so this week and I will get them to Mallie or Walt by Friday. Thank you to all who have already done so. They were very much appreciated.
Care of Classrooms, Hallways, etc......
Please make sure that you are following your check off list. It is very important. All keys will need to be turned in this summer. Please make sure Mrs. Kennedy gets yours on your last day. All hallway bulletin boards should be taken down. Obviously, you will want to take this year's classroom boards down so you are fresh for next year BUT if there is something you absolutely have to keep up, cover it with newspaper. Put all your valuables away or better yet take them home. Clean out desks and stack them to one side of your room. Stack chairs as well. Technology will let you know at the faculty meeting what to do with computers, etc.. for the summer. There will be some room changes and we will let you know what they are before Friday. De-clutter your rooms by throwing away things you don't use anymore.
There will be Read to Achieve Testing on Monday and Remediation and Make-up Testing throughout the week. Please be mindful of this when moving through hallways, in bathrooms, etc... There is still a week left to finish up and review curriculum.
Ice Cream Social
Friends of Diggs-Latham will show their appreciation of our faculty and staff by hosting an Ice Cream Social in Room 200 afterschool, Wednesday at 3:00.
Awards Celebrations will be June 12 for K-4 at 1:00 (please see the email I sent out with directions and June 13 for 5th Graders at 9:30. We have Lifetouch to send us some blank certificates if you need them.
- June 9-Make sure you have chosen your Entree for EOY Celebration. Pay Ms. Kennedy by Wednesday. I will make desserts, but if you would like to help out and bring one, please do. The more the better. THANK YOU to Hospitality for helping us:) We appreciate you all. I am so looking forwarding to celebrating a great year with you all.
- June 10-5th Grade skate trip, Remediation and Faculty Meeting.
- June 11-5th Grade skate trip, Remediation and Ice Cream Social
- June 12-EOG Retest/Awards k-4
- June 12th-Final Names for Retentions turned in/Retention Committee will meet to determine retentions
- June 13-Last Day for Students/5th Grade Celebration
- June 17th SIT Meeting-IMPORTANT 8:00 am sharp
- June 18 and 19-Work on classlists AM
- June 19th-Report Cards to Administrators.
- June 23 and 24-Scheduling Committee meets and the summer Y program begins