Support our School Vision-It's all about Building Relationships, Caring for Students and Increasing Rigor!
A Busy Weekend For All.......
Look Who Came Back To Visit!
Late Friday afternoon, I was visited by some Diggs-Latham Family. Elena brought Julissa and Jenny over to the office. Ms. Hart and I were thrilled to see them. They wanted you all to know that they miss you all and our school very much. We reminisced and had a lot of laughs. Of course, we had to take a selfie and one picture to commemorate the visit. Jenny is happy to be in one grade level working with first graders. I know she is making an impact on her students. Julissa is enjoying High School and says it is a real change. We miss both these ladies. You can leave Diggs-Latham but you are always welcome back as part of our family:)
2014 Heart and Stroke Walk at Tanglewood
I spent my Saturday volunteering for a great cause that is near and dear to my heart, the American Heart Association's Heart and Stroke Walk. I helped to educate people on the signs of a heart attack, the importance of exercise and a healthy diet and the need to get regular check-ups. Here are some tips on how to spot a stroke
Arm Weakness-Does one arm feel weak or drift downward when raised?
Speech Difficulty-Does the person have trouble speaking or repeating a sentence?
Time to cal 911-Call immediately, time counts.
CONGRATULATIONS To Our Diggs-Latham Families
- Barbie's son was married this past weekend in Florida. Barbie worked for months creating all of the decorations for an incredible Rehearsal Dinner. It was spectacular! She texted me that it went well and the kids loved it. I am sure they did as Barbie attended to every detail with love and perfection! Can't wait to hear all about the wedding when she returns.
- Lisa O'Brien's son Zac, who is a Financial Planner with Thrivent Financial is a 2014 Award Recipient for WS LEADERSHIP <40. Hooray. I know Lisa is very proud.
- Gloria's son, Jeffrey was featured in Relish Magazine, this past week as a part of the WS Journal. He is an artist and has a degree in Art from UNCG. He studied at the Cranbook Academy of Art in Detroit.You can check out his incredible work by going to jeffreypubantz.com The Pubantz family are very proud of Jeffrey.
- If you have any good news about your family and you want to share, please do, so that I can add it to our weekly blog. Families are important!
So you think you know what teachers do. Right? Wrong.
Article from the Washington Post
Since we have been sharing professional articles, Megan Shoaf sent this to me to read and I have emailed a copy of it to you all. Thanks Megan! Take a minute to read it. I think you will find it quite interesting! Let me know your thoughts about the article and the end of the blog under comments. I would also like to thank all of you who not only read, but participate in our Blog Learning Community. Your comments have been insightful, collaborative and inspiring. Thank you.
Week At A Glance
Both Dr. Frazier and I are working very hard completing Pre-Conferences, Evaluations and Post Conferences. We are literally working round the clock, dawn to dusk to be able to provide you with quality feedback and quality conferences that we feel will help you grow. There are a lot of you and we are doing our best to work around everyone's schedules. We have been very proud of the work you are doing with our students. Thank you. The observations and conferences continue this week as we continue t schedule.
Read To Achieve Local Assessment This Week
- 7:30-Observation-Post Conference
- 8:00 Meeting with Eva Phillips-District/KBR Early Learning Specialist
- Observation 9:25
- Observation 10:00
- Post Conference 10:50
- Post-Conference 3:10
- 8:30-9:30 Observation
- 9:30-10:15 Observation
- 10-50-11:30 Post Conference
- 1:55 Post Conference
- SIT Meeting at 3:10-SIT Chairs will send out agenda and notify Schorer,Smith and newest member. (You can get her information from PTA President)
Wednesday-Early Release Day
- District Reading Task Force to meet at Diggs-Latham @ 8:00, in Room 200 We will have district officials in our building this morning.
- Early Release at 12:50-Please make sure you know how students are getting home before 11:30. Thank you for your help with this. You might want to send a short transportation questionnaire home on Tuesday afternoon. We will do an alert now call as well.
- We will start our meeting in the gym at exactly 1:20 and be done at 3:20.
- During this ERD, we will be working on making decision and strategic plans by grade levels and groups as to how we will improve reading on our grade levels based on our Smart Goal. More information to follow.
- I will provide snacks for you this afternoon at our meeting:) We hope to conclude by 3:20.
- FAVORITE TEAM DAY-Wear apparel from your favorite team. Any Sport, Any team!
- 8:20-9:00 Observation
- 9:00-9:45 Observation
- 3:10 Post Observation Conference
- Book Fair Delivered today
- EOQ-3rd Grade Math
- Post Conferences/Evaluations, continue
I Love Picture Day! Isn't he just adorable?
Thank You Home Moravian for the $50 Gift Cards for Teacher Resources!
I have passed out most of the cards. Remember to save the original envelope to put your receipts in with your name on the receipt. Put your thank you cards and your receipts in the BROWN envelope outside my door no later than November 4th, 2014. Thank you:)
Notes: Looking Ahead to next week....
- Monday, October 27th EOQ 4th and 5th grade Math
- Tuesday, October 28, 4th and 5th grade Reading
- Wednesday, October 29, 5th grade on-line Science
- Newsletters Due to Administrators on the 29th
- October 30th End of First Quarter and Fall Festival
- October 31-No School RS Day Teacher Workday
- If I have missed anything, please inform me. Thanks:)