Sunday, August 31, 2014
Our Weekly Morning Memo Blog:
Each week I will put out a new Morning Memo Blog. For the most part, it will be up and ready for viewing each Monday Morning.The blog and any emails that Dr. Frazier and I put out are a way to transmit important school wide data and information. This is also true for emails sent by our Curriculum Coordinators and Testing Coordinator. It is also an avenue to celebrate you, our students and our school successes. It is a non-negotiable expectation that you read the blog each week and all emails daily. We are a big school and emails are essential to communicate messages. Also, if you have not printed out your yearly calendar, please do that as soon as possible as it holds crucial information. Thank you:) I will send out your Quick Reference Cards out very soon. All of these documents should keep you up to date and prepared for the year! I hope they are helpful for you.
New District Goals are Approved by School Board......
These are the goals we have been discussing and we will make decisions as to how we can interject them into our school improvement plan.
- By 2020, 90 percent of 3rd-grade students will read on or above grade level.
- By 2018, our graduation rate will be 90 percent.
- By 2018, we will close the achievement gap between subgroups by 10 percentage points while increasing the performance of all subgroups.
What a wonderful first week of school! For many of us we have had several first weeks, but for many in our building, Friday was the completion of their very first week of their new careers. I have to say that I am so very impressed with all of our new faculty and staff. They are all top notch and a great addition to our already amazing school family. Thank you all so much for making them feel welcome. We have had several Family Affair notes to mention.
- Mr. Holmes is still recuperating. We are hoping he will be able to return towards the end of September. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
- Mrs. Gilliam came through her surgery well but her daughter let us know that the surgery was a little more extensive than they originally thought. Prayers needed as well.
- Mrs. Hopson needs our thoughts and prayers as well as she continues to heal.
- Keep Mrs. Asbury in your prayers as her family is dealing with a serious medical issue that she will let you know about in the future.
- Mrs. Thierbach's daughter had to return to the hospital after bringing the baby home due to her high blood pressure. She is home now resting. Gerri could use your prayers and support as well.
- If there is anyone else that I don't know about or inadvertently left off, and you would like me to add, please let me know:)
Annual Growth For All Students, Catch Up Growth For Those Who Are Behind by Fielding, Kerr and Rosier
Last June, I asked all certified employees to read Chapters 1-8 over the summer. We will begin working with this book during our second faculty meeting so if you have not read Chapters 1-8, please get the reading completed by October 7th. We will break into groups as we work through this book that Dr. Emory introduced to us. All new employees can check out their green book from the Ms. Batten in the Media Center.
Welcome Back UNCG Interns!
Our UNCG Interns will be here all day Wednesdays and 1/2 day on Fridays. Thank you Barbie for helping to bring new interns to our campus. Barbie will also be the Stay Coach for all of our first year teachers.
Welcome to our Interns/Student Teachers from Eastern Carolina and Winston-Salem State University! We Are So Happy You Are Here!
Week At A Glance:
9/2-PLTs start today!
9/3-UNCG Interns Start Today.
9/5-Announced Tornado Drill 9:00 am-Please go over with procedures with your students.