It's a Brand New Week full of Possibility......Happy Monday! I hope you like the graphic above. It is so very true. You are all angels. I would like you all to reflect on our very first faculty meeting when we talked about "state of mind". Your ability to be positive when things get challenging is so very important to your colleagues and most importantly, to the students. You all are working hard, learning new things, challenging yourselves and learning new ways to teach. The new curriculum has enabled us to experiment and explore. Things will get easier as we navigate through this year. We need to support each other, be kind to one another and remember that we are a "family". We are in this together and we will learn and succeed together. We have our school family but you also have your own families. You are raising children, taking care of parents, spouses, significant others and being good friends and neighbors. That is hard work on top of all you do here. Everyone and every job in this school is important and valuable. Our working together, treating each other with respect, compassion, kindness and empathy will go a long way. Celebrate each other and especially our children. They are working hard and gaining confidence as you praise them and make them feel valuable. Thank you all for being there for our kids and going above and beyond the call of duty.
Instructional Coaches Meeting Today at 3:30Our Asst. Superintendent-Steve Oates, Ken Simington, District Program Managers and our Instructional Coaches will meet to discuss our progress this afternoon in Room 200. Mr. Oates will also be here next week, Jan. 24 in the morning. He will most likely tour the building. Please make sure your schedules are posted, EQs up and plans available.
Bulletin Boards.....Please make sure that you follow the bulletin board schedules and are current with your board. I have seen some great boards. Thank you for your attention to your boards to make sure that they are meaningful and relevant.
Zone Tours Continue...We have had many people "on tour" and will continue to do so this week as well. At last count, we had about 40 families fill out magnet applications. This is terrific! This is a tribute to you all and your hard work!
Moment of Silence and Pledge of Allegiance... School Board Policy 6115Please make sure that all children observe the moment of silence.
- Our new interns from UNCG will be starting this week on Wednesday. Remember that they will be here from 7:30-2:50 on Wednesdays and Fridays from 12:00-2:50. Thank you OSTES!
- We will be hosting 3 Interns from Forsyth Tech. There will be three. One in k,1,2.
- Ms. Farthing is also acting as a cooperating teacher to mentor a WSSU music major! Please introduce yourself to him.
- No Star 3 meeting tomorrow but tomorrow afternoon is Committee Meeting Day. Committee Chairs, please make your members aware of your meeting. Please send me a copy of your agenda.
- I will host an Elementary Principal's PLC on Wednesday, January 16th from 7:30-9:00.
- End of the quarter is January 18th.