Applications for Classified Employee of the Year will be available on-line beginning November 1. Talk with each other and brainstorm some ideas as to how we will select a Diggs-Latham Classified Employee of the Year. That individual will be submitted to the district as they choose a district WSFCS Classified Employee of the Year.We could do it similar to the way we elect our Teacher of the Year, which we will also do in November. I want to hear from you. We could also continue the way we did last year and anyone can make a nomination that is sent to district. Our Classified Employees are the best and all deserve the honor. Let your SIT Representative know your ideas and we will talk about it on Tuesday afternoon.
- The Y Program will be taking a Field Trip to Wake Forest for Project Pumpkin on Tuesday, October 23, 2012. We will call for those students a little earlier (just a few minutes)on Tuesday so they can get to Wake on time. The Y is also having a Fall Dance on October 26, from 6:00-8:00 @ Winston-Lake. Pick up will be at Diggs-Latham.
- Our Zumba Program has not been well attended, I believe due to a lot of other conflicts. If the attendance does not improve today, we will no longer host the event, it will be held at Petree.
- Thank you so much to the Hispanic Heritage Committee. Awesome job! Remember if you would like to showcase what you are doing in the classroom, please notify the editor of Que Pasa Media. We have his contact information. He is always looking for stories.
- Administrators are finishing up round 1 of Evaluations.
- The First WFU school of Medicine Science Fair Wkshp. will be held this Saturday from 10-12:00.
- This is CHARACTER COUNTS Week as well as Red Ribbon Week.