Maria celebrated her Birthday this weekend!
Julissa's Birthday is Monday!
Mr. T. (Roberto) has a birthday on Thursday!
Ms. Kennedy has a birthday on Friday!
We hope you all have HAPPY BIRTHDAY's!!!!!
CELEBRATIONS!! - Mrs. Wolf's son is getting married this week. Congratulations to her entire family. She will be out of the office Tues.-Fri. We wish the happy couple a lifetime of happiness and joy. The office staff will be assisting during her absence so please get your attendance in on time every morning:) We appreciate your help.
Cell Phone Usage Reminder-At no time should a staff member supervising students be using a cell phone or other portable devices. This means there should be no cell phone usage in classrooms during instruction, no cell phones in the cafeteria, arrival or dismissal time, on the playground or in the gym. We have already reviewed the requirements for Testing. It is our duty to be giving full attention with no distractions to our students. Our focus should always be on our students. Ms. Frazier and I will be monitoring this. Please remember this as well when supervising students on the playground. There has been an increase in both discipline and injuries that might have been avoided. Please spread out to supervise. Thank you for your cooperation and help in putting our students first:)
Professional Responsibilities: As the last weeks of school are upon us, it is very important and your responsibility to read ALL of your emails. There will be important information coming from Administration, CC, and LTM Facilitator, concerning retentions, testing, scheduling, etc....EOGs begin this week with Science and continue next week with Reading and Math. Please make sure that you have turned in your hand written rosters, list of expected grades and proficiency levels for reading and math (grades 3/4/5).
Important Dates for your Calendars...So far........
- May 20-Classified Employees Meeting at 3:10 in Rm. 200
- May 21 Services For Mrs. Hopson's sister-Antioch Christian Church
- May 21-Bud Harrellson will be using Room 200 at 3:00
- Cannon to Read to Achieve Meeting w/ J. Costello at 2:00
- May 21-Pre-K Parent Meeting 5:30-7:30
- Board Meeting-Honoring Promise Award Nominees-Mrs. Seachrist
- May 24-List of Retentions sent to Cannon/Pick up Parent Letter
- May 27-Holiday No School Today
- Week of May 27th- EOGs
- May 28-SIT Meeting and WSFCS Retirement Reception Education Bldg. @ 3:30
- June 1- Dash for Cash Trinity Center and Dash Game
- June 4-Field Day-LET CAFETERIA KNOW WELL IN ADVANCE IF YOU WILL NOT BE EATING IN THE CAFETERIA FOR ANY REASON:)
- June 5th and 6th Fifth Graders to Skating Rink
- June 7th FIFTH GRADE CELEBRATIONS/Parents Invited
- June 9th-Home Moravian would like to acknowledge and celebrate our partnership. Please attend if you are able as they do so very much for our school. The service is at 10:00. Mr. Powelson and some of our students will perform.
- June 10th K-4 Awards at 9:00 and Pre-K Awards at 1:00 NO Specials today as specialists involved in Awards Day. They will rotate for breaks.
- June 11-Last day for students.
- June 17-21 SYSTEMS Thinking Training - Education Bldg.
- June 19-Teachers last Day
- June 28th-Dr. Martin's Last Day
- June 24-28 Reading Foundations Training Ed. Bldg.
- June 23-29 Cannon to The Art of Leadership-Improving Schools Harvard University
- July 15-19 UVA Summer Institute on Academic Diversity
- Teachers come back August 19th
- August 23rd-Teaching Children of Poverty-Joint Profess. Develop. with Old Town Faculty at Old Town
As we close down, please make sure that you complete everything relevant to you on the End of the Year checklist. Make sure if you take permanent records out of the records room, they are signed out. At no time, should a permanent record be taken out of our building. Your classroom should be left clean. Bulletin Boards should be covered or taken down if you are told that you are moving. CHECKLISTS MUST BE TURNED IN AS WELL AS KEYS. We will have the Summer Feeding Program here as well as the Y Summer Camp. We will keep them contained in Building A. Tia will need a list of Y kid's grades after you do report cards.
You will get more information this week on retentions, EVAAS rosters, preparing class lists for next year and scheduling.