Happy Mother's Day!!!
I hope that you all have a wonderful Mother's Day. You are very special and deserve a day of recognition and appreciation. Enjoy your day:)
New Title I Schools Within Our District for Next Year!The district will serve schools down to the 50% poverty threshold, which adds the following schools to our family;
Title I Summer School
Title I will offer a summer enrichment and acceleration camp from July 14-July 31, (12 days, no Fridays). This summer camp will be designated for current Title I 2nd graders (rising 3rd graders). Invited will also be current Title I 1st graders (rising 2nd graders) to the Title I summer camp. The summer camps will be offered at certain Free Lunch sites (TBD) from 8:00-3:00 pm, piggybacking on transportation already set up with Read to Achieve. Save the date fliers will be mailed to parents of Title I students within a couple of weeks. It is my understanding that Title I will generate the lists of students invited to go but will hopefully consult us for input.
ALL PDPs should be completed by this Friday, May 16th as Dr. Frazier and I will review your PDPs when we do your final Summative Evaluations. Your PEPs should also be completed and signed off on by parents. Enlist help from Home School Coordinator, Counselor and Social Worker if needed, to obtain signatures:) Be sure to be present at LTMs as we are also working on EVAAS Roster Verification. This needs to be completed ASAP.
This ordinary can to the left will be transformed into a beautiful can which will include the signatures of our 3/4/5th graders on the lid. We would like ALL of our students to think and brainstorm all of the things they CAN do. Write those things on a piece of paper (we will supply the I CAN papers) and add to a can. You can also
replicate the can by putting a small can you find and put it in your room. This is a motivational idea to encourage our students to list all the positive things they CAN do. After Field Day, we will have the 3/4/5 graders come through building B to be cheered on for the EOG by our pre-k to 2 kids! More information to be given at Faculty Meeting. Thank you Barbie for painting the can for us! We will also have a small "I Can-You Can" Rally from 1:45-2:20 on Friday May 30th. MARK YOUR CALENDARS. We would like the pep squad to perform a couple of cheers.
Family Fitness Night was a huge success. Everyone had a wonderful time. Thank you Ross for a job well done. I would like to thank all of the teachers and staff who also came out and helped to make this night a huge family fitness success. We also thank Nancy Sutton our district PE Program Manager who came to visit and support DL. Of course, all of our volunteers and community partners were awesome!!!!
Thank you Ms. Batten for an outstanding BOGO Book Fair! This was a huge undertaking. Great Success!!
End of Year Celebrations:
- Pre-K classes will hold their own celebration in their rooms.
- June 12-Awards for K-4 at 1:00
- June 13 @ 9:30 Fifth Grade Celebration and Reception
- May 13-Faculty Meeting w/ packed Agenda, see you in your seats and ready to go at 3:15. I sent the agenda out last week so please print off and bring to meeting.
- May 14-Pre-K to Sci-Works
- May 16th-Kindergarten Field Trip
- May 17th Kids Fun Run at Winston-Lake 8:00
- May 19th-We will have your End of the Year Check-list to you in your boxes.
- May 19th Kindergarten Screening TRAINING at 3:10
- May 20 and May 21 8-2 or (longer if needed)
- May 22-3/4/5 grade concert at 6:30
- May 23-Field Day
- May 26-No School
- May 27-SIT Meeting (WE need ALL members there)
- May 28th-Guest Artist
- May 30-Rain Date for Field Day and "I CAN" assembly at 1:45
- June 2-Extend 2 ELA
- June 3-Extend 2 Math and 5th Grade EOG SCIENCE
- June 4-EOG Reading 3/4/5
- June 5-EOG Math
- June 6-EOG Make-Ups
- Week of June 9th-RTA Testing 3rd Grade
- Remediation and Retesting all week
- The week of June 16 and on, we will work on class lists for next year/Getting Cumulative Folders in order. We will do this differently this year. We will also meet to work on scheduling for next year on the 23rd and 24th.
May 1-Dr. Frazier
May 7-Alisha Taylor
May 14-Abadesa Ochoa
May 18-Maria Lallave
May 18-Maria Lallave
May 20-Julissa Knight
May 23-Roberto Thimann
May 24-Jennifer Kennedy