Happy Birthday to Mary Winterhalder who celebrated yesterday!
CONGRATULATIONS TO CASSANDRA DOBSON who will be the new Assistant Principal at Konnoak Elementary beginning April 1st. We are so very proud of her!!!!!!!! She is still at Speas until the transition to AP.
Congratulations to Mrs. Seachrist who has been nominated for the Promise Award for Outstanding Beginning Teachers. The Awards will be given at the Spring STAY Banquet on April 15th.
Congratulations to Mrs. Jane Bullin who has been nominated as an Outstanding Teacher of Math for our District!!!!!!
Welcome Back Mr. Clarence Thorpe, our evening lead custodian. He had been in the hospital with pneumonia but he is back with us now:)
Ms. Angela Roane underwent surgery last week in her home town. She is recovering and getting stronger. She has also experienced a few deaths in her family during her absence. She needs our thoughts and prayers more than ever. We wish her a very speedy recovery.
Also, Keep Liz Crookshank in your prayers, her knee surgery was last week.
Kristy Reece has written 2 children's books and has just been notified that she will be published! Fabulous News!!!! We are so proud!!!
Thank you so much for a smooth testing week. I appreciate you all. Just a few notes after reflection in order to be ready for the EOGs.
- There should be no cell phones out for any reason. This is district policy. If you need a clock or to have a clock replaced for malfunction, please let us know. Of course, this goes for students as well. There should not be any student or teacher's watches that beep or play any kind of notification. No texting goes without saying. If there is an emergency, the office will contact you.
- Please be sure to walk around and monitor testing to be sure that children finish or there is no misalignment, wrong answer sheet, etc...
- Thank you for encouraging the children to do their very best. That is all we can do. You did a good job with this. Thank you. Troubleshoot with them and talk with them about what they do if they get tired or if a problem is too hard and for pacing themselves. The tests were hard this quarter and scores were generally lower across the district. Hang in there and keep your chins up. I know you are working hard.
- We will be ordering some sturdy, well made, pre-sharpened pencils to help you with the pencil breaking events you have endured. Thank you Gloria for finding a great resource.
- Thank you Ms. Wynns for writing up the Clean and Green Application. We appreciate you more than you know.
- Please let Ms. Kennedy know your intentions concerning leave days for Spring Break.
- By now, All Intent Notifications should be completed. I recently sent out the date for the Transfer Fair but in case you missed it, it will be on April 11th at 4:00-North Forsyth HS.
- Thank you Dr. Madison for all your work in getting our Title I Audit Information in order. Great Job.
- Be sure to get a Climate Survey from Mrs. Pullen:)
- Thank you to Barbie and Kate for continuing the Book Room Update. It is a lot of work.
- Thank you Nohora, Julissa, Jenny and David Sisk for a great Toyota Literacy Recruitment Breakfast.
FYI......EVAAS Resource Page New on the Web
A new page has been added to the EVAAS website to help educators understand the reports and other information produced by EVAAS. Material available on the Resources page includes help files, teacher notifications for releases for value-added reports and evaluation dashboards, overviews and more. Please visit http://www.ncpublicschools.org/effectiveness-model/evaas/resources/ to review the documents and links to other information related to EVAAS
REMINDER: All staff members involved in the Comprehensive Needs Assessment will meet for a working meeting on Tuesday, the 26th in the Media Center. It is important that all team members be there.